St. Gregory’s Episcopal Church was established in 1955 under the direction of The Rev. Michael J. Francis, who served as Vicar of the 31 member congregation. Our first religious service was held on June 12, 1955 at Minnie Gant School. In September, 1957, ground was broken and construction begun on the original Church building (now Francis Hall). The new church facilities were blessed and dedicated on February 23, 1958.
Later experiencing significant growth, St. Gregory’s Episcopal Church would build additional school and multi-use facilities to compliment the existing Church building. And in 1967 St. Gregory’s completed construction on its second and largest worship space, which is now used today. The “new” church was dedicated by Bishop Bloy on December 17, 1967. Even today, we are experiencing the amazing gift of growth and development as we completed our most recent renovation of our worship space in 2014.
8:00 a.m. Holy Eucharist Rite II
9:30 a.m Sunday School – Ages 5 and up
10:15 a.m. Holy Eucharist Rite II with music
10 a.m. Holy Eucharist Rite II and Healing Service
Childcare is provided for the 8:00 am and 10:15 am services each Sunday, and during parish events by prior arrangement.
6201 E Willow St, Long Beach, CA 90815